Acupuncture for Pain Treatment
Acupuncture is known as an effective alternative medicine and complementary practice based on ancient Chinese concepts. It involves inserting thin needles into the patient's skin in certain parts of the body to stimulate energy pathways. Acupuncture sessions are performed by a well-trained and experienced chiropractor or other regulated health professional. If you have never tried acupuncture before, the team at Balanced Health Medical in Midtown, Manhattan, has prepared a list of benefits of acupuncture sessions for both physical and mental health.
The Benefits of Acupuncture
- Low back pain. Non-pharmacological treatments such as acupuncture help to reduce low back pain and improve the functioning of the back and spine.
- Migraines. Adding acupuncture sessions to migraine treatment helps to reduce migraine symptoms and the frequency of episodes.
- Relaxation and stress relief. Acupuncture helps to decrease the theta and delta wave activity in the brain, which leads to deep relaxation and stress relief. For this reason, acupuncture is especially good for people who are suffering from anxiety, insomnia, panic attacks, chronic stress, addictions, and other mental health issues.
- Women’s health. Acupuncture has proven to be effective in treating various women's health conditions, including fertility issues and painful periods. In several studies, acupuncture has shown the ability to reduce menstrual pain and cramps. Moreover, acupuncture is also good for older women who are going through menopause. It can alleviate menopausal symptoms, including sleep disorders, the severity of hot flashes, anxiety, memory loss, and other physical implications caused by hormonal changes in the body.
- Mental clarity. Acupuncture is more effective in treating and managing the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease than traditional Western medicine. Acupuncture also helps you to stay focused and alert by boosting your energy levels. People who are undergoing acupuncture treatment are often more active and achieve better results in their work and daily life.
Acupuncture in Midtown, Manhattan
Acupuncture is more than just a practice, it is essential to a healthy and well-balanced life. If you are suffering from pain or stress, acupuncture will help you feel better. Balanced Health Medical has an experienced team of chiropractic specialists, who are ready to help. At Balanced Health Medical we focus on acupuncture for pain treatment and improving our patients' quality of life. Call us today at (212) 755-1717 to schedule an appointment and begin your journey to a healthier life.