Visit Balanced Health Medical in New York, NY for Drug-Free Elbow Pain Relief From Sprains and Strains
Just think about how often you use your elbows in day to day life—they're necessary for everything from dressing to driving to eating and drinking. At Balanced Health Medical, we can connect you with a Midtown chiropractor who can help you find relief from "funny bone" pain—which is anything but funny!
Common Types & Causes of Elbow Strains & Sprains
People of any age can strain or sprain their elbow, and it's common among people who are active. Two of the most well-known types of elbow strains are known as golfer's elbow and tennis elbow (medial epicondylitis and lateral epicondylitis, respectively). These injuries occur when the connective tissue and tendons on the inside or outside of the elbow become inflamed, generally due to overuse. Elbow bursitis (inflammation of a small fluid filled sac near the elbow that normally reduces friction between tendons and bones) is often related to muscle sprains and overuse syndromes.
Another common cause of an elbow sprain or even elbow fracture is a fall on an outstretched hand (a so-called FOOSH), such as what might happen when you go to break a slip and fall. Of course, falling directly on the elbow can also lead to damage to the ligaments and other tissues around the elbow and can severely limit function at this simple hinge joint.
Symptoms of an elbow sprain (ligament injury) or strain (muscle/tendon injury) include:
- An elbow that is tender to touch and painful
- Swelling and redness at the elbow
- Decreased range of motion at the elbow
- A decreased ability or inability to use the forearm and/or grip items (especially turning door knobs, opening jars, etc.)
- Numbness, tingling, and/or pain in the forearm or last two fingers of the hand (if nerves are being compressed at the elbow by swelling)
How Our Balanced Health Medical Chiropractors Can Alleviate Your Elbow Pain
Come see a chiropractor Midtown for help if you're dealing with a painful elbow. We can offer you drug-free services that include:
- Medical massage: relax tense tissue and stimulate healing circulation
- Corrective exercises to maximize healing, strength, and range of motion
- Sports medicine
- Chiropractic care, including joint mobilizations and posture/body mechanic analysis
Discover the Quality Chiropractic Care NYC Has to Offer at Balanced Health Medical
Elbow pain can be frustrating and debilitating. To find relief that doesn't involve drugs or invasive procedures, connect with a Hell's Kitchen chiropractor today by contacting Balanced Health Medical at (212) 755-1717; located at 133 E 58th St #1101 in New York, NY. We proudly serve the 10022 communities of Midtown East, Midtown West, Rockefeller Center, and greater Manhattan.